Sunday, July 2, 2006

full week












what a terrific week we have had here! on sunday kathy and patrea (cjs mom and sister) came up to calgary from las vegas for a visit! the last time they were here together was 10 years ago at our wedding reception so it was nice to have the two of them here! we had a great time, we went to banff, walked through the banff springs hotel and did something we had never done before, ride up the tram, it was very high up and kind of freaky, but we made it. cj took them to the royal tyrell museum and they just had a great time.

on thursday i jumped on a plane to l.a. to spend the weekend with emily, her birthday was that same day and we whooped it up by having lunch at "the ivy", went to a couple of movies, shopped at tiffanys and spent some time in malibu at zuma beach, where i got crapped on by a seagull, ha ha ha, what are the odds?!?!.... anyho, the crap in my hair promted a quick trip into the ocean to wash out my hair and have a good laugh. i had a great time, very relaxing, and lots of laughs.

cj made one trip to the airport today to drop of kathy and patrea and pick me up. cj has a HUGE week this week and we will all soon see nena and jeff on the cover of NEWSWEEK standing together in a barrel. keep your eyes peeled, they look great!

6 comments:

Stacey Salmon said...

Wow Jess did you turn into a movie star....lunch at The Ivy, buying Tiffany jewelry.....lucky. Sounds like you had fun. That's a big crap on your head. hahah! Keep up the good work CJ.
SS

nena said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA I can't believe you got craped on I would have loved to have been there, I probably would have died from laughing so hard, I'm sure you guy did! Wow the Ivy was is good? How did you get in did you have to have reservations? Sounds like you had SO much fun. And I'm jealous. What did you get at Tiffanys? You should come to the Stay n play at the field across the street with me this week, I'll call with details, Sandra your coming to right?

Saunders Family said...

Looks like you guys had fun. Love the crap on your head. I was at the ocean when I was young and a whole flock of seagull's flew over me and it was like it was raining. Pretty nasty.
It was fun meeting CJ's mom and sister, they're super nice and it sounded like they had a great time.

Sandra

The Back 9 said...

good to see your mom and sister - glad u guys had a good time

Marilee said...

Zuma is KNOWN for seagulls crapping on peoples heads. I could name a few names of people that happened to while we lived there!...but I won't :-) Glad you had a fun time!!

Anonymous said...

Jess-Sounds like you guys are having a great time. I think you must have a target on your head or something because we have been to the beach for the past 2 weeks and the Seagulls have flown by without a drop on us. I did have raspberry lemonade spilled on my back by a waiter and it reminded us of when we were at Claim Jumper and the waiter spilled water all over you! Anyway, it looks like you got a haircut or something...cute!! I'm glad you are having fun! Talk to you soon!