Monday, February 23, 2009

do do do DO! i'm 5 weeks!





check this out.  
ida is 5 weeks old!  the little lady is strong.  she occasionally will take a soother. likes to nap a lot.  eats like a pig {sis has gone up 2 diaper sizes, sheesh}  her hair is still growing and not falling out, no hair clip will tame it. oh, and she has sprouted some eyelashes, which are quite fair but there.

see that baby quilt ida is laying on?  sister-in-law sandra made it for her.  sandra is so awesome that she not only made that quilt, she designed it as well.  and guess what?  you, yes you, can do it too!  she has a "kit" that can be bought that has everything you will need to easily sew that cute little number and be the envy of the block.  it is super easy, i would say beginner sewing skills needed.  just order it up and have fun.  

here is the link:  ida's quilt  

in that etsy shop {which i might add, is ran by sandra and her sister jill} is the cutest fabric around.  so, if you aren't looking for a project, but want some sweet fabric, order up.  you can't beat the price OR the hipness.  you can also go here to their other online fabric shop to read the blog for ideas or look at other fabric.  so cool.  i *heart* fabric.


7 comments:

embot said...

aaahhhh, she changes every time you post new pics! She's so beautiful. and alert. you can tell the light came on, little sweetie.

jane said...

The baby is WAY cuter than the blanket ; ) LOVE her hair and those chubby cheeks. Coming over tonight to hold her...
Thanks so much for the link Jess! I Think I'm going to change the name of the blanket to "Ida's Blanket"!

xo sandra

Bethany said...

When did that happen? I love her hair and the quilt (which I noticed before I even read about -- love the colors).

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! She's growing so fast! I love, love, love her hair - she has a ton! I know you're having so much fun with that tiny lady.
xoxo

Marilee said...

Jess, she is sooooooo adorable. Those cheeks are just calling out for a nibble! And the quilt is gorgeous! I'm so happy for you! I wish I could have been home for your shower. Sounds like a good time!

Lisa said...

Wow, I can't believe Ida is already holding her head up so well! Love the hair! Sandra's quilt is awesome!! I love the colors and Ida looks perfect sleeping next to it! Cute, Cute, Cute!!

embot said...

ok, ok, i know you've been busy... but, where's the video?????

hope today was perfection. love you guys.