Sunday, March 22, 2009

9














this last week we have been staying at mom and dads.  it has been a fun little holiday!  

i brought out a 1000 piece puzzle that mom went wicked crazy obsessed over, spending many a night mulling over the pieces. as you can see, she finished it (with the occasional help from us). everyone has been so proud of it that it has sat completed here on the table for a few days.

sandra has turned me back onto sewing.  fabric is great.  sandra is a good teacher and i have learned so much from her.  it is fun to do a project and be able to make mistakes (and fix them), ask questions, and bounce ideas off each other.  i ordered up some goods from laniejane and much like mom and the puzzle, i went hog wild and have been sewing A LOT.  i have the top finished and in the next few days should have it all together to be quilted.  i love it and it looks awesome.  fun for my first real quilt.

ida is 9 weeks old.  on saturday we drove down to taber to see my cousin get married, so i took some pics of ida while we were driving.  she is such a good egg.  she has been giggling the last few days, but today has been busting a gut, loud and long.  i try to get it on film, but, like the frog on that old school cartoon (hello, my baby, hello, my darling, hello, my rag-time gal...) she laughs out loud, but when i try to capture it or show someone, she doesn't do it... ribbit, ribbit...

so i just threw some pics together, the puzzle, the wedding, the kids, oh, yes, AND the quilt. 

tomorrow is monday, c.j. flies to new york city from los angeles where he has been putting in some long hours shooting.  he should be home on wednesday, it will be fun to see him then.  

6 comments:

Lifes Delish said...

I LOVE the fabric! The quilt is going to look really great. I have not ventured over to quilting yet...rotary cutters, straight lines, matching corners...maybe someday if I get over those phobias. :)!

Lisa said...

Wow the quilt is beautiful. so fun! Sandra is a good teacher. I have been wishing I had her green thumb closer!! I love the first shot of Ida. She looks like she has such personality. I can't wait to meet her!

herkimer fam said...

The picture of Eli and Ida is the best!!!

hogans house said...

Good job on the quilt!! I love it already crafty girl!

Anonymous said...

Jessica,
I have so missed your blog. I keep calling the house with no result. Kiss the kids for me.
The quilt is amazing. I reminds me of the little bags you made that were so cute. The pictures are adorable, we have missed seeing the kids.
Love, Kathy

embot said...

yo chica, yo yo yo chica....etsy is a-calling!!

p.s. you're rad.