Friday, August 21, 2009

last kick at the cat

we are going to my mum & dads cabin this weekend. it is always a nice excursion. it will be the first time we have been there all summer as we have been busy with other "stuff" {see past posts}.

eli starts grade 2 next week and that is very exciting to me.

this time of year always feels like january to me. like a new beginning. i like getting in a routine again. it is fun to see eli take off to school. it makes me want to get organized, file stuff, work on unfinished projects {sewing/quilts}. i need to catch up writing in my personal journal {which i do keep quite regular}. i need to weed out clothes that ida has outgrown?!?! she is growing up so fast, right under my nose. i love her so.

i need to buy a house.

i watched a documentary on annie leibovitz and it made me want to take really good pictures. i saw julie & julia and it made me want to cook, cook, cook.

at the cabin i want to swim in the lake and relax/cleanse in the hot springs. i think it will help me begin this new school year and "in-between" phase of our life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessica, they were beautiful thoughts for us all. I love you,
Kathy

burtons*north said...

thanks kathy, i love you too.
jess

embot said...

You already take amazing pictures!! Way to get motivated, wahoo!