Friday, September 4, 2009

newsy news

grade 2 morning!
putting on his indoor shoes
check out where he sat. i love that he sat right at her feet and that he is so huge.


big girl news: ida is crawling. she started yesterday. crazy.

grade 2 news: eli is loving school. he has started to eat his sandwich at lunch. last year he would get off the bus and the first thing he would tell me was, "i didn't eat my sandwich because...{it looked yucky, i didn't like the taste of the crust, etc...}". i kept threatening him with, "if you don't eat your sandwich, i am going to fill your lunch bag with ONLY a sandwich, no snacks and if you are hungry, you will eat it."
dude pulled "i didn't eat my sandwich" on day 3 of school. what did he get the next day? just a sandwich. did he eat it? yes. has he eaten his sandwich since then? yes-siree.
it took just 1 day of nothing but a sandwich to solve that problem. {i should have done that last year...}

baby news: simon is here!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I forgot that you have indoor shoes/outdoor shoes in school there! I love that! I need to try the sandwich thing with Natalie. She is such a stinker about her school lunches!

Julie said...

ps--this is Julie Miller Brinkerhoff. hehehe. my picture isn't showing up. Weird!