Monday, July 12, 2010

conflicted


the wind is roaring outside. i just woke up when c.j. came to bed and i can't get back to sleep. i think the wind is making me crazy. it is loud and angry. when i look out the window the massive trees behind our house are bending and waving and thrashing around. it makes me feel uncomfortable. as the storm clouds grew black and rolled into calgary today i fought off a headache that eventually had me quit everything i was doing and lay down. it was in my eyebrows and neck. i couldn't function. it was the wind. snow doesn't bother me. rain and sleet are fine, but the wind. it is like it's unstoppable and loud and pushy.

i have been compiling my blog entries by year to publish in a book. i completed 2006 the other day. it had 216 pages in it. lots of pictures. i think i have lost a year and a half of my life when i switched over to iweb. i don't have access now and can not retrieve it. it makes me sick. to lose all that information and memories.

i was thinking about blogging the other day and now tonight again while the wind whips around me. why do i blog? why don't i just make my blog private and really pour my guts out. who is reading this? should people be reading this? will i look back and wished i was more honest or detailed? how do i find the balance between journaling and "keeping in touch". i am just not sure how to do this. am i doing it all wrong? do i stop?

i was looking back through my archives.

july 9, 2009:



july 11, 2010:



pretty much one year apart.

a year ago when that picture was taken, our house we were sitting in was sold and the movers came the next day to take it all away into storage. this year, we are in a new house and still contemplating a move.

will the madness never end?

oh, windy wind. settle down. i need some peace and quiet.

3 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

i love checking out your blog. I hear ya with the wind. It's sooo loud and strong. Hopefully we have some summer days soon.
I love that you're making a blog book. I have '06, '07 & '08 made up already. What I've started doing is writing some of the more personal stuff, but not posting it. Then when you go to make the book, you copy those posts into it. That way not everyone can read it, you can still keep your blog open AND you'll have those more intimate posts in the blog book... Just a thought for ya ;)

sandra said...

wow! look how you guys have changed in a year. you look GREAT!

love those books!

good idea alysha!

burtons*north said...

that is a great idea alysha. my 2006 is on order, but i would love to see your finished product as well.