Thursday, September 9, 2010

coast to coast

tradition: dip your feet in the irish sea before you start
difficult passes
amazing scenery
interesting places to stay at night

hills and vales
lunch along a sleepy river
trying to call home {probably not}


we have been watching and waiting for pics from mum and dad as they are walking across england. the coast to coast walk is 220 miles and begins at st. bees and ends at robin hood's bay. they will get to robin hood's bay on dads 60th birthday. what a great treat on his special day. communication has been limited so their pictures have been very exciting to see. they are following trails and guide books. nothing is clearly marked or obvious. what an adventure. apparently they are having the time of their lives, extremely difficult but very rewarding {dad says}. i just love seeing them out there doing it. it totally puts a smile on my face.

4 comments:

Catherine Dabels said...

This is totally wicked. I am so envious. I will do that trip one day! Mark my words. (No don't. Just in case i change my mind.)

embot said...

jess! we need to go do this together. for somebody's 60! actually, maybe 40th...that one is just around the corner. haha

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks for sharing that. I had no idea it would involve all that hiking. They are in relaly good shape. I'm so excited for them, keep up the notes for us.
Thanks, Kathy

Becky said...

I definitely want to do this one day! What an amazing trip.