Wednesday, February 22, 2012

going down this road...


i have officially decided that procrastination is a big problem.  for me, to me, about me.

i have been trying to put my finger on why i just don't DO the task that needs to get done.  why do i procrastinate?  am i lazy?  am i retarded?  am i scared i'll get everything done and nothing will need me to get it done?  something always needs to be done.  so why do i put off the filing until its a mountain or wait until something becomes overwhelming before i act on it.  i clearly need some counselling.

i bought a book last night.  "the happiness project".  i can't wait to read it, i am scared to read it, what am i going to have to change?  change is hard.  i've got to change.  change is good.  change is great.

it's been such a weird time/place/sphere here at burtonsnorth.  we are in-between change and homes and plans and stuff.  it is hard to document when things are always up up up in the air.

one of my very best friends had a baby on monday.  a little girl named mia.  the picture she sent of her is so sweet.  i talked with megan hours just before she had the baby and when i got off the phone i bawled my head off.  i missed her, i was excited for her, i was nervous for her.  i still don't know why i had such an emotional response.  like a waterfall of emotion busting through a big fat dam.  

i made a quilt for little mia that i haven't sent yet.  PROCRASTINATION.  its on my list of things to do.

believe me.  i've got to change.




2 comments:

embot said...

change is freaking hard, but not impossible. i've to change butt loads about myself and little by little i can see it happening. you will too!

p.s. look into hypnotherapy. i'm not even kidding hahaha

Bethany said...

I love you, Jess!

And let me know what you think of the book -- I read half of it.