Monday, June 15, 2009

did you tell him they were the lords chips?

name that film.

tonight eli and i cleaned the church.  

that was a new experience for me.  i have never had the opportunity to do it.  i liked it.  it was quiet, it wasn't too dirty and there was such a good feeling of taking care of the House of the Lord.  

on the way to the church i was telling eli how important and special it was that we got to go and clean.  he thought about that for a minute and said, "well, it is the Lords church and Heavenly Fathers house."   yes, indeed it is young grasshopper.

when we finished up, we shot some hoops in the gym.  hey!  i haven't done that since my mission.  {pres. sager used to give away mcdonalds coupons at zone conference.  we would shoot free throws and whoever sunk them got a $1}.  
eli and i worked on some bounce and chest passes.  it was FUN.  

i need to start doing stuff i used to do, back in the day.  it felt good to run around and shoot baskets just like i was in high school again.  oh high school, the good old days.  envision me: 40 pounds lighter, braces, long permed hair and driving a mandarin orange VW bug.  wicked.

eli was such a good helper/worker at the church.  he vacuumed, organized hymn books, inspected toilet stalls for needed paper and dusted every placard and framed picture on the wall in the whole building.  he read off the cleaning instructions and made sure we followed every point.  i am so glad he was there with me.  good guy.

our trip to the US consulate last week was successful.  ida's US passport, citizen born abroad and social security cards are in the mail.  they indicated that i had to go the airport to talk to immigration services about my situation.  that is what we are going to do in about 6.5 hours. they are only open for 2 hours on tuesdays and restricted hours on saturday and sunday.  we will see what they say.  for some reason i just feel calm about it all.  it will work out fine.

i finally found a long arm quilter to quilt a couple of my quilts.  i am dropping them off on thursday morning with a ETA of july 13th.  they are going to look awesome.  

i am really tired.  my eyes are crossing as i type this.  peace. out.             

5 comments:

Marilee said...

Eli's so cute. We like cleaning the church too. Something different about it compared to cleaning my own house. I don't need to imagine your HS look as I lived it with you. I was telling my kids this winter when they were complaining about how cold it was one day, about how you would pick me up for seminary in your Orange Bug and there would be one tiny spot in the windshield that was defrosted and you'd drive looking out it until the rest of the window became clear. They were in awe, but more with the fact that I had a friend who had an Orange "slug bug" than with the "cold" part of the story. Good times! Good times!

Bethany said...

You can't give us that type of description and not post a picture of yourself!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jessica!!!.
Hope you have a great day.
Love, Kathy and all.

C.J. Burton said...

Happy B-day hon.

The Evansons said...

Obviously, the quote is Nacho Libre... so I noticed nobody else has guessed, do I get a prize?! haha. I like cleaning the church too, in our ward a couple of families are assigned to one month in the year then you go every weekend for the whole month. My favorite part is making the chalkboards so dusty-free and shiny. I also noticed that everybody is wishing you a happy birthday ,so I will do the same!