Saturday, September 12, 2009

pick a winner

here i am, sitting cross-legged on the end of the bed. the lights are out, there is a lamp on in the corner. eli is asleep on an aerobed on the floor and ida is sacked out beside me. c.j. is in california on a house-hunting trip. he called today and said that he found a house that he wants to walk through one more time before he puts an offer on it.

i have a head cold. i hate that. it is pretty mild, not a lot of snot, but i am congested and have sinus pain. i can't take anything for it really since i am nursing and don't want anything goofy to happen to my milk supply. i am idas only hope right now, kind of like how obi wan kenobi was for princess leia. speaking of which, i should be seeing the allergist next week regarding ida's FPIES. got to get that going on.

i sewed today.

ida has another tooth coming in!?! her top right front tooth. the other side on the top is red and bulgy.

eli said today was a super special day. mom and dad took him to the farmers market where he ate kettle korn, gelato, blueberry pie, sugar cookies, chicken pot pie and something else that i can't seem to remember. if i ate all that on an outing with my grandparents as a kid, i would think it was super special too.

isn't it funny, when you cut your hair short you wish you were about 50 lbs lighter?

i should just go to sleep right now, go to sleep. go to sleep. go to sleep.
tomorrow is a new day. fresh and clean.


3 comments:

embot said...

Doug is already planning a massive king size quilt that he wants to commission you to make for us. WE LOVE Simon's quilt!!

embot said...

p.s. can you send me the link to "the" house? I'm dying to see it.

Anonymous said...

I would love to see the house too. I can't believe how much you accomplish in a day. When I have Lola I don't seem to get anything else done. I guess age has something to do with that. I love your quilts. I have been working on the same one for 6 months.
Kiss the kids for me.
Love, Kathy