Friday, March 5, 2010

clubs and indigestion



wow, last night.

the food i consumed for lunch and supper yesterday had a UFC title match in my stomach. all night long. several times i was placed in a submission hold, but did not tap out {dave would be proud}. thank you butternut squash ravioli with blue cheese sauce and the RS annual banquet. shall our paths never cross again.

on a complete different note, eli was so excited to show me the 3 pieces of paper he had crumpled up in his backpack yesterday. he told me that some girls at school had gotten together and formed a "club" and had written the names of the Olympic mascots {kind of like autographs} on paper and where handing them out to fellow classmates. he received 3 of these fancy notes. one even had a large heart on it.

with wide eyes and true 8 year old excitement, eli then explained that he and a couple of buddies {saahil and eshan} were also going to start an autograph club. yes, a lightening mcqueen autograph club. saahil {i am assuming he is the president of this awesomeness} ordered all three of them to bring 16 or 10 pieces of paper to school today. eli gathered paper last night and said he would bring 10 since it was the smallest amount of the two choices. he also told me several times how excited he was to get this thing going and start... A CLUB.

about 20 minutes ago c.j. and i picked eli up from the bus stop.

me: so eli, tell me how did your club go today...
eli: it didn't happen...
me: what?! why not?
eli: nobody brought a pen.


6 comments:

Stacey Salmon said...

hahaaahaa that's cute!! You always have to remember a pen! Sorry, but that food you ate sounds so sick. Why did you eat it in the first place??
SS

Bethany said...

I love butternut squash -- and bleu cheese. But I hate indigestion. That's why I always have a gallon of aloe vera juice in my fridge. No kidding. It's nasty and very bitter (unless you mix it with a little apple juice) and it clears up all heartburn and indigestion. Once again, it's been a lifesaver this pregnancy.

US WEEKLY said...

I agree, didn't sound good... but then again not much sounds good to me these days anyways....

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Eli is so adorable!

Catherine Dabels said...

This is the best update in a LONG time!!! Note to self: ALWAYS bring a pen!

the essentials in life said...

That is so cute. Maybe their club can start tomorrow. :)