Monday, March 8, 2010

in preparation


in 12 days we are going to be sitting on that beach for 2 weeks.
i am ready, i am ready, i am ready.

i am ready for the warm sun on my cheeks. i am ready for freckles to appear. i am ready to bust out shorts and my favourite pair of birkenstocks.

i have the kids clothes laid out and packed already. i have my swimsuits ready to be squeezed in to {dave, i wish you were here, i need a few alterations done...} we all {except c.j.} have colds, officially getting them out of the way {usually we come down with something oh, THE NIGHT BEFORE WE GO ANYWHERE}. so to you cold, not this time, no, NOT this time. we have beat you to the punch.

i am prepping my laptop and organizing cameras. i am itiner-izing and researching. we are playing our ukulele. eli has been reading books on pearl harbor. we have invested in numerous travel guides.

it is time to go and relax and really soak up the sun. we are ready.






11 comments:

cindy W said...

uh....yeah I'm pretty sure I'm ready to go there too!!!!

Bethany said...

Take me with you!!!

embot said...

I lOVE that your kids clothes are already packed. i would have been doing that the night before. So, want to be there with you! it's gonna be heaven.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! You guys will have so much fun! And that is so funny about that swimsuit, we were worried it was a little tight on Summer's neck too but I think it was alright...and it's just so dang cute! I'm sure you found another one that will be adorable! Have fun on your trip!

Erin said...

Have a wonderful time! Dave does alterations?...on swimsuits? Good to know!

Catherine Dabels said...

I just threw up from jealousy......

US WEEKLY said...

I think I could fit in your bag, please consider this!!!!

Proud Momma said...

where are you going...Oahu? I'll be there too!

hogans house said...

That has to be the Ihilani Resort. The beaches and coves are fantastic! You will love it. Have a wonderful time!

Lisa said...

You guys are going to have the best time!! Go to the first cove and feed our turtle friends. Eli will love it!!!

the essentials in life said...

Have a great time! That will be so nice after all the cold and snow you guys live with every winter. :)