Tuesday, May 25, 2010

found photos & a bike ride

mothers day 2010
me + the kids
sleeping through the night in her crib, YES.
waking up confused... WHERE AM I??
happy lady


tonight i went for a bike ride.

i left around 10:00 pm, the kids were asleep, i looked outside, it was light out - the sun still setting. the streets were clean and sparkly with small puddles from the rain that fell earlier. i thought, get on your bike and go for a ride. so i did. it was awesome. it was crisp and quiet. i was alone. it was the magic hour. our house is down a road that has no real development on it yet. there is green-space, trees and ponds all along the road, no street lights. i decided to ride to chuck and sandras. they had a baby last night. a sweet little boy. i crossed the big main road and toodled through their neighborhood, got to chucks and had a chat. when i left it was a bit darker, the moon was out and full. i rode through the streets toward my hidden little road. as i crossed the main road and began down my street, i hit a wall of sound. the amazing sound of every little bird and frog and bug and tree waving in the breeze. i felt like i was in lenoir city, tennessee. i felt like i was in st. george, utah. when i lived in these two places, all i did was ride my bike. we would bike all day and into the evening on my mission. in college i took many a dusky bike ride through st. george, down the streets, along the river. the only thing i was missing was seeing some fire flies occasionally light my way {so, so many in the south *sigh*}.
i felt so good tonight. i felt like i was 20 again. i didn't want to stop riding. i didn't want to go home and have the experience end. i just wanted to ride and reflect and listen and remember. it was terrific.

i think i will take a ride more often.

5 comments:

embot said...

She's got a BIG GIRL FACE!! especially in color! she's gorgeous. she looks so much like you!

Cara said...

Sounds like a sweet ride!! keep it up!!! I think I might join you from CA!!!

Lisa said...

Sounds like a perfect night! You write so well, I could picture every pedal.

Erin said...

We were chasing fire flies just last night! They really are magical.

Bethany said...

I love solo rides (or walks, or jogs, etc., etc.). Sometimes you just need solo.

I love fireflies, too. Wish we had them also.

Beautiful family!

I hope you get more rides.