Tuesday, January 4, 2011

the big bucket

i think we are dealing with the flu here.

i am sitting on the end of eli's bed.  when i left for YW tonight he was complaining of stomach pain and by the time i got home {a few hours later} it was in full swing.  no barfing yet, just falling in and out of sleep with stomach cramps.  like it comes in waves.  oddly enough i have started feeling the same type of thing as well...  dun dun dunnnnnnn.

i guess we will see how this night goes.  there is a humungous bucket sitting right next to him on his bed. he better not miss it.  

in the next room c.j. is working on the cover of TIME.  no big deal.  we work under pressure around here.

i know the flu has been going around during the holidays and we never did get it so maybe it's our turn.

will update in the morn.

UPDATE:  yes, yes, indeed it is the flu.  eli and i stayed in the same room last night writhing around with waves of stomach cramps.  it wasn't until this morning that i finally gave the old heave ho and used the big bucket and the toilet at the same time.  i am feeling marginally better.  eli seems pretty good to go. c.j. is now the one rolling around in bed whimpering.  i told him just to puke and get it over with.

ida.  no signs yet.  i am praying to the flu gods that she doesn't get this.  'cause it pretty much sucks.

6 comments:

embot said...

oh that evil flu!!! i hope you can escape it!

we were hit bad this year, i think i am still recovering.

Becky said...

It's a bad one! Steve is sick with it right now. I have him quarantined in the basement, we'll see if we can keep it that way. Good luck!

Lisa said...

Oh no! Keep those buckets close! Somehow Carter was he only victim at our house but I dread a return. Hope the night goes OK

Sara said...

Jess I don't know why I don't have your blog on my blog list - but since I never see it on the list I never come check it out. and when i do I spend like 40 minutes catching up. So i'm going to add it right now so I can be a more frequent visitor. and also I love Idas winky face.

US WEEKLY said...

I was the LUCKY one to only get it this year to... Winner Winner Chicken dinner!

Catherine Dabels said...

The Heave Ho never gets old...... I don't care what you say.