Monday, January 3, 2011

off to the races

its the 3rd.  hellooooooooo january!  most of the items on my "get ready for the new year" list are complete.  that is a good thing.

my pants feel tight.  maybe it's because i gained 10+ pounds over the holidays.  i have vowed to only wear sweat pants until my regular pants feel comfy again OR i have lost the previously mentioned lard that i have gained.  i'll let you know when that blessed day happens.

eli starts back to school tomorrow, he gets braces on his bottom teeth on thursday and a new pair of orthotics for his feet on wednesday. man, he is sounding like a nerd, but he is not really {well maybe just a little, but thats ok}.  rather a nerd than a jock, bully, emo, goth, etc, etc, etc.

so far so good on keeping some family resolutions.  that is a good thing too.

i ran 2 miles today to begin training for this.  i registered for it a few years back but broke my foot and had to bag the race and a trip to NY and pretty much everything for about 4 months.

it is redemption time.
 

2 comments:

Catherine Dabels said...

You and me both sister. Well, the sweat pants part, the rest is just you. Sweat pants only! Can one wear those to church because I think it is not a bad idea AT ALL.

Stacey Salmon said...

Training for the the race starts Friday for me. I am actually really excited!!!
SS