Friday, April 13, 2012

the blog

i was lamenting about "the blog" tonight.

why isn't it cooler?  prettier?  more with it?  fancier?  up-to-date?  making money?  making a difference why aren't i one of those LDS blogging power players?  attending blogging ho-downs?  advertising?  getting free stuff?

i guess in my mind "burtonsnorth" doesn't really mesh with what i think my blog should be and why i really blog.  my objective is to achieve a pictorial journal of our family's life over the years.  i should/could give more detail and fodder. there are lots of things i like and love and think are neat out there on the world wide web and i guess i could post about that all day long.  but i mean really, do i need to post a mood board with what to wear to a baby shower?  or gifts to buy for the guy that has everything?    nah.

so why do i think it needs to be anything other than what it is?  the bottom line is:  it doesn't!

coming to that conclusion, this evening i had a hoot going back in time and looking at what we were up to last year at this time.  truly, the beauty of "the blog".  tonight i also received a email from a mother in okotoks who suspects her child has FPIES.  she told me she googled "FPIES and CALGARY" and burtonsnorth popped up.  she had questions and concerns about doctors and what our experience was like.  that, my friends, is awesome.  i hope i can help her.

good job little blog.  you are just perfect for me and making a difference.

P.S.  Our dear friends Brad and Holly Cook's daughter Tavi passed away this week.  I can honestly say they are the nicest people we know.  Brad has been there for us, helped us, been concerned for us over the years.  Please check out this site and if you feel inclined, donate.  I promise you it will be completely worth your while.

www.fundly.com/tavicookmemorial

3 comments:

Bethany said...

I love your blog.

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way sometimes, but it's all I can do to update our family happenings and that's about it! But I LOVE going back and looking at old posts, so fun!

embot said...

I ADORE your blog. always have